Wetherby must be a fair, inclusive and high quality sustainable place to live and work and maintain its character as a genuine market town
Aims and Objectives
- To develop a vibrant and prosperous market town by encouraging development that supports a range of good quality jobs, businesses, shops and services that meet the needs of local people and protects and enhances the quality of the local environment.
- To provide a range of housing that meets the needs of the town both in the short and longer term.
- To encourage inclusive access for local people to the range of facilities and services that they need
- To promote the use of sustainable forms of energy and transport for the benefit of local people
- To provide new and diverse education, leisure and recreational activities for all ages in order to promote healthy and crime-free lifestyles.
- Working and Shopping
- Getting Around
- Health, Well – Being and Leisure
- Environment and Sustainability